The health and safety of visitors to Goleta, as well as our local residents and workforce, is of paramount concern during a time of uncertainty worldwide. Go Goleta is committed to providing accurate and timely information.
General Goleta Travel Information:
- Visitors are encouraged to follow healthy travel practices when traveling, in accordance with CDC guidelines (see below).
- Visitors are encouraged to confirm in advance all reservations and travel plans directly with their service providers, businesses and attractions.
- Dining and attractions*:
* Please check their respective websites for real-time information.
- Some restaurants remain open in a limited capacity. For alternatives to dining out, consider ordering meals through delivery service apps or curbside pickup.
- Some museums, attractions and activities remain open.
- Most bars, breweries, nightclubs, and wineries may be closed, due to recommendations by the State of California (posted March 15).
- Groups, gatherings and events:
- Most events through early May, including sporting events and shows at theaters, are canceled or being rescheduled, due to CDC recommendations (posted March 15).
- During this period, gatherings of individuals at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19, such as the elderly, are limited to no more than 10 people, per the state of California (posted March 11).
- Check with individual airlines for the latest updates on plane schedules for flights to and from Santa Barbara Municipal Airport (SBA). https://www.flysba.santabarbaraca.gov/
- For current updates on Amtrak train schedules, visit https://www.amtrak.com/ or call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245)
- For current highway and road conditions, visit Cal-Trans at http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi or call 1-800-427-7623
Healthy travel practices:
The World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (or CDC) have advised travelers throughout the world to follow best-health practices when traveling, including:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands often
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Be aware of the latest travel advisories from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and U.S. State Department
Please note that worldwide and throughout the U.S., conditions around the coronavirus (COVID-19) are rapidly evolving.
- The best source for local public health information is the Santa Barabara County Public Health Department: https://publichealthsbc.org/
- California Department of Public Health: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
- CDC – U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advice to travelers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- FAQ page for those considering travel within the U.S.: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html
- U.S. Department of State – official travel advisories outside and within the U.S. are posted here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/covid-19-information.html
- Visit California: https://www.visitcalifornia.com/attraction/travel-alerts
Thank you for considering Goleta for your next vacation. We hope to welcome you when the time is right for a safe and enjoyable stay.